Sometimes when you try to open certain folders like Document and Settings, Application Data, etc in Windows Vista you get an error message saying “Access Denied”. This problem generally occurs when particular user’s rights in the NTFS partition are altered by someone or some program. Here’s a workaround for this problem, follow the below instructions carefully:
1. Right click on the Folder and select Properties
2. Now, click on the Security tab and Click on the Advanced button
3. Click on the Owner tab and click on the Edit button
4. In the Change owner to box, highlight your account
5. Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
6. Click on Apply and Click on Yes to replace all permissions
7. Continue to click on OK until you finish.
That’s it now you’ll have access to the folder.