Windows Xp has hidden messages or features in certain applications, games and operating system tools. Here are a few of them:
How to reveal Mines in the game:
1. First Minimize or close all running applications.
2. Start the Minesweeper game from the start menu.
3. Type ‘xyzzy’ and hold down the shift key for one second.
4. Now move the cursor over a Minesweeper square you will notice a tiny white pixel in the top left corner of your desktop screen. This pixel will change to black when your mouse moves over a mine. Make sure you dont have a white or black color desktop!
Stopping Time count during game play
1. Launch Minesweeper and start a game so the timer starts counting, then press the Windows Key + D to show the desktop.
2. Select minesweeper from the taskbar and you’ll notice that the time has stopped.
Wanna win a Free cell game instantly?? Start a new game and Hold down Ctrl + Shift + F10 during game play. Then you will be asked if you want to Abort, Retry or Ignore. Select Abort, and then move any card to win the game.
1. Launch Notepad, Type .LOG on the first line, and then press Enter to move to the next line.
2. On the File menu, click Save As, give any name as you like and save the file and close it.
3. Open the file again, youll notice that that the date and time have been appended to the end of the log.
Open an image and select the magnifying glass icon. Left-Click exactly on the line below the 8x.
Theres a Hidden Command Line Switch, in order to find out start the defragmenter and Type defrag c: -b to defragment the Boot and Application Prefetch information.
1. Type 1max at the start of a new ball to get extra balls.
2. Type gmax at the start of a new game to activate the Gravity Well.
3. Type rmax at the start of a new game to go up in ranks.
4. Type bmax at the start of a new ball. This will give you unlimited balls. Once this is activated you will be unable to activate other secrets without restarting the game.